The PBP Community publishes a print newsletter as well as maintaining a web site. These are maintained for you, our community and reflect your needs and wishes! As we are all volunteers, we rely on our public to produce the articles, with only minor cajoling.
If you wish to contribute, its easy!
Here are a few guidelines of which to be aware:
- Print Newsletter Deadline: The deadline for the following month is the 5th of the previous month. For example, Monday, December 5th is the deadline for the January 2017 issue and Thursday, January 5th for February 2017 issue.
- Web Site Deadline: Give two weeks ahead of when you need it published.
- Articles must be related to the community social, recreational and educational needs or be of general interest to the community including news, opinions and factual articles. Promotional material may be published for a fee, or if it accompanies an advertisement.
- Types of submissions:
- Articles (maximum length: approx 350 words, i.e. 1-2 pages)
- Public Notices
- Classified Ads
- Recipes, Book reviews
- Advertisements for web (fee applies)
- Advertisements for print (fee applies)
- Please proof-read and spell-check your article
- Articles may be submitted by email to email@example.com or dropped-off in electronic format at the PBP Community Centre during office hours, or mailed to us on a USB stick or CD ROM.
- Acceptable electronic formats include text, RTF, MS Word/ Office, HTML, etc. Pre-rendered formats such as PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, XPS, PS are more difficult for us to work with so please avoid! Images should be provided as JPG, GIF, or PNG, provide large file separately from the article and we will resize as needed.
- Articles must be sent in with the following additional information:
- Original author or attribution (who holds the copyright). You must have their permission.
- Submitted by: Name, phone number, email and your street address
- Photo is desired! (unless it is very short). You must own the rights to publish the photo.
- Date you wish it to be published (see the deadlines for print newsletter)
- Whether you want it to be in print, web or both
- Date to remove the article, if applicable
- In general, you should consider being a member of the community association. Membership can be purchased online.
- In general, the PBP Community Association reserves the right to use the article (and photo) for its own promotional purposes for a period of up to 2 years free of charge. Please just ask for an exception if needed.
- We reserve the right to refuse to publish a submission, or remove a submission from our web site, at any time and for any reason we, the PBPCA, feel it justified. You may dispute this by attending a community board meeting.
- We reserve the right to edit a submission prior to publication.
This is a volunteer effort and we will do our very best to accommodate submissions according to the deadlines; however, we provide no guarantee of when or if we will publish your submission. If you haven’t heard back from us after a few weeks, then feel free to follow up by telephone to see if we received your submission.
We are very grateful for your efforts and look forward to reading your local news and views!